fredag 7 mars 2008

An adorable nihilist takes on fate

Ive been listening alot to a certain song by Kent the last few days "Nihilisten" (The Nihilist). The lyrics goes something like this:

You look like death, the dream's sister. With the same key around your neck. An adorable nihilist with painted black nails. You're your own Jean Duval.

I hear you whisper about you friend who dared the leap of the bridge. In your version she becomes the heroine, as if it was a matter of courage.

And no, I'm not suicidal, quite the opposite. For me the lyrics are about taking your destiny on. Some people I know believes in fate, "good things will come.." , I don't believe in that. Bad things will mix with good things and the only power you have to have any say in what happens is to "do".

I know people who've told me that god has a plan for me.
Doesn't that speak against the idea of "free will".
Of course I dont believe in either fate or free will. I believe that we're locked and sealed in doing what our hormones want. We eat, we sleep, we have sex and we love because our bodies tells us to. I am happy with that.

Believing in fate is letting go for me.

Let's say that the idea of fate was proved to be correct. The idea of law and moral would lose its meaning. I could murder someone and call myself a "victim of fate". I could eat myself fat and demand insurance because I had no say in what I did.

This, of course, is an extreme.

Ok, I'm done for now.

Inga kommentarer: